Monday, May 25, 2015

A Gaza war update


One Friday last August, in the middle of the 2014 Gaza-Israel war, I wrote a war essay titled, “Another war story: the wheat harvest”. You can find it below dated Friday, August 1, 2014.

In that essay, I retold a story a reader had sent to me. He’d found it on another site. I thought it was worth your while to read it.

Reposting an essay found elsewhere is a risk. One never knows if someone else’s work presents truth or fiction-as-truth or just wishful thinking. The story of a wheat harvest that ‘saved the day’ was such a story: was it true?

I didn’t know. But I wrote about it because it seemed to give an insight into how people in Israel sometimes see G-d’s protection in everyday events—or think they do.

There now exists some evidence to suggest that, yes, that particular wheat harvest story may well have been true. If you go to the website Israel Matzav for Friday May 22, 2015, you’ll find an entry titled, “The wheat field miracle”. It was posted there at 5:59 pm on May 22nd.

I’d like to give you the link to go there directly (you know, provide you with a ‘click here’, or ‘here’ in light blue). But I don’t know how to do that. Can anyone instruct me how to do that? I’m told it’s pretty simple. I just don’t know how.

You can contact me by clicking on ‘comment’ below, and writing to me about it.

I’d appreciate that.

The post at Israel Matzav presents a video (that’s something else I’d like to be able to do—give you the opportunity to open a video that I’ve uploaded onto my site. But I don’t know how to do that, either. Can you instruct me?)

In the video, a uniformed IDF (Israel Defense Force) soldier retells this “wheat harvest” story in his own words. I don’t know who is the soldier in the video, but he gives the impression of being more senior in rank than not. Yes, his uniform looks extremely ‘informal’ and wrinkled. But that’s how many soldiers, including those of higher rank, dress here.

This soldier’s account of the wheat harvest ‘miracle’ seems to buttress the veracity of the original story from last summer. Take a look at it. It’s pretty much the same story I told you. It’s quite a story.

Is he telling us about another Israel miracle? You’ll have to decide for yourself.

3 comments:

  1. In the editing window, just click the "link" button on the toolbar. See this image: http://imgur.com/0ung9AD

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can copy then paste site from address bar. Example: http://tuviainil.blogspot.com/2015/05/a-gaza-war-update.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete