Israel is surrounded by hate. If you live outside Israel—or if you live in a bubble called, Tel Aviv—you may not see how great that hate is. You may not be able to appreciate how pervasive and how vicious that hate is.
If you want to understand that hate, here’s a look at one Muslim cleric’s effort to teach Islamic lessons to children. He teaches children’s classes at the Islamic mosque on the Temple Mount.
The cleric’s name is Sheikh Khaled Al-Mughrabi. He’s been arrested by Israeli police for filming videos which show him preaching that:
-Jews use the blood of non-Jewish children to make Passover matzah bread, and this caused Europeans to expel the Jews and led to the Holocaust
-Jews were behind the 9/11 attacks
-Jews slaughter their own relatives as sacrifices to Satan, as part of their activities in the Freemasons
-Jews “symbolize the Devil,” hate the nations of the world and cause them “great damage”
-The Protocols of the Elders of Zion is an authentic Jewish book outlining the Jews’ plan to conquer and rule the entire world
-Jews in Israel will be annihilated by Muslims, according to Allah's decree
-Jews own half the world’s wealth and control the World Bank
-Jews pay doctors to create diseases in order to increase profits for the pharmaceutical industry, which is 95% Jewish-owned (Itamar Marcus, “Antisemitic teacher of Islam arrested after PMW supplies recordings to police”, Palestinian Media Watch, August 3, 2015).
Some of these anti-Semitic accusations hark back to the Middle Ages. They have been used by Jew-haters to incite mobs to kill Jews. These accusations are false, libellous and almost always used with murderous intent.
Sheikh Khaled Al-Mughrabi is not an isolated Jew-hater in a sea of religious peace. The entire Muslim Palestinian Authority (PA) is a factory of Jew-hate. Its media regularly calls for religious war against Israel, Jerusalem or Jews. It regularly incites against all three.
Here are some media headlines from July, 2015. They are unrelenting in their hatred for Jews:
- Secretary-General of the PA’s Islamic-Christian Council for Jerusalem calls on Palestinians to carry out Ribat [a form of religious war] "in order to thwart the settlers’ plots to invade" the Al-Aqsa Mosque (Source: Wattan TV (Palestinian private channel), July 21, 2015, from PMW).
- PA Mufti calls on Islamic world to defend the Al-Aqsa Mosque from “continuing attacks” and “desecration,” warns of “impending religious war (Source: WAFA, official PA news agency, July 13, 2015, from PMW). These supposed ‘attacks’ are actually Jews ascending to the Temple Mount to visit the Mount; a 1994 Treaty with Jordan committed both Parties (Israel and Jordan) to commit to freedom of access and freedom of worship for all monotheistic religions at Jerusalem holy sites, including the Temple Mount; the Arab-Muslim position has nonetheless been that any Jew on the Temple Mount is a religious ‘desecration’ and an ‘invasion’. When Jews call for the Treaty to be honoured, to allow Jews the freedom to worship on the Temple Mount, PA authorities and clerics immediately condemn these calls as “the escalating Israeli calls to invade the Al-Aqsa Mosque [compound ] and hold Talmudic ceremonies (i.e., Jewish prayers) in its pure courtyards” (ibid).
- PA minister of Religious Affairs calls on Muslims to carry out Ribat [a form of religious war] to free Al-Aqsa Mosque and “protect Jerusalem from Judaization” (Source: Official PA daily, Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, July 6, 2015, from PMW).
- Fatah cartoon claims Israel is “Judaizing” Jerusalem, covering a bloodied Islamic Jerusalem with a Torah scroll (Source: Webpage of Fatah's Information and Culture Commission, July 13, 2015, from PMW).
- PA Minister of Religious Affairs: Israel is carrying out “evil plan to destroy the Al-Aqsa Mosque and establish the alleged Temple” (Source: Official Palestinian Authority TV, July 8, 2015, from PMW).
- PA daily glorifies terrorist murderers as “Martyrs”, claims terrorist who tried to murder Rabbi Yehuda Glick was “assassinated” by Israel (Source: Official PA daily, Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, July 7, 2015, from PMW).
- Fatah official: Israel is “feverishly” attempting to “Judaize and take over the Al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy places of Islam and Christianity” (Source: Official PA daily, Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, July 25, 2015, from PMW).
- PA Mufti and PA Minister: Israel trying to “invade the Al-Aqsa Mosque” and “take it over” (Source: WAFA, official PA news agency, July 21, 2015, from PMW).
- Abbas advisor Al-Habbash “likes” Facebook post: “Jews are behind all that is happening from Iraq to Egypt” (Source: Facebook page of Mahmoud Al-Habbash, Abbas’ advisor on Religious and Islamic Affairs and Supreme Shari’ah Judge, July 1, 2015, from PMW).
- PA TV song states Jaffa, Acre, Haifa, Nazareth and more are Palestinian (Source: Official Palestinian Authority TV, July 27, 2015, from PMW). This and other songs, poems and TV programs all aim to deliver the message that all of Israel is Arab—every city, every inch.
- PA TV rebroadcasts song: Tiberias, Acre, Haifa, and Jaffa are in "my country Palestine" (Source: Official Palestinian Authority TV, July 9, 2015, from PMW).
- Islamic teacher to children at summer camp: Dead Ribat Martyrs get seventy virgins, ordinary Martyrs get only two (Source: Al-Msjed Al-Aqsa YouTube channel, July 26, 2015, from PMW).
- Murderer of 15 honored as "Martyr... an example of giving, resolve and heroism" by PA officials (Source: WAFA, official PA news agency, July 16, 2015, from PMW).
- PA daily glorifies terrorist who killed 5 in synagogue as “Martyr” (Source: Official PA daily, Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, July 15, 2015), from PMW).
- Islamic Council: “The only ones entitled to the [Al-Aqsa] mosque, its courtyards, corridors, and every part of it [i.e., the Temple Mount], are the Muslims” (Source: Official PA daily, Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, July 24, 2015, from PMW).
- PA Mufti and Islamic council: Israel plans to Judaize Jerusalem and Al-Aqsa Mosque (Source: Official PA daily, Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, July 24, 2015, from PMW).
These headlines are repetitious. They repeat their message so that a reader can’t help but remember it: the Jews are a danger to Islam, Muslims and what Arabs claim is theirs.
By contrast, Israel has nothing like this message about Arabs in its mainstream media. The Israeli government does nothing like this towards Muslims. There’s nothing like it in Israel’s marketplace. There’s nothing like it in Israel’s schools.
But in the PA, it’s everywhere. You simply cannot imagine the hate that surrounds Israel.
Does that frighten you? Don’t be frightened. This is Israel. Israel is not like other places. It’s a place of miracles—and fire.
Israel may be surrounded by hate, but it’s also surrounded by a spiritual fire. That fire protects—and consumes.
One aspect of that fire is embedded in the Biblical warning, those who curse Israel will be cursed. Another aspect of that fire is the Biblical warning, those who would destroy Israel will themselves be destroyed.
The G-d of Israel has a Story for you. It’s the Story of the Final Jewish Redemption. If you want to find out what part this hate and fire play in that Story, stay tuned.
You won’t be disappointed. You’ll be stunned.