Thursday, October 1, 2020

Is this where Israel's New Corona World Order begins?

 

Do you know what unhappiness is? I'll tell you what it is: it's working 4 or 5 hours in a single sitting to write an essay and then, with the stroke of a badly placed knuckle, inadvertently hitting a key that erases the entire essay. 

Oy!

I have no idea what key that errant knuckle hit, but that knuckle did hit a key. The essay instantly disappeared. The only thing left behind for me to see was the title, above.

Oy! You can surely bet that left me very unhappy. 

Now. I have a second question for you. Do you know what real unhappiness is? I'll tell you what it is: it's erasing 4-5 hours of work--a  completed essay, no less--only to mess up your attempt to undo your mistake.

Yes, I also did that. That is, I tried to undo my mistake--to recapture the essay. But I didn't know what I didn't know. I didn't remember exactly how to undo what I had done. So I did it badly.

I thought I knew how to recapture my essay. I was wrong. Very wrong.   

Now, I believe the essay's loss is permanent. Oy!  

Double Oy!

So. If any of you know how to recapture a lost or erased essay, please let me know. I will appreciate that.

I will leave this window open as I shut down my computer so that I can, hopefully, 'restore' the open page when I next start my computer. Perhaps that will preserve (in some way) my ability to recapture the essay.

Oy! I can't believe I've done this!

But I did!

Ugh!





1 comment:

  1. Most word processing programs auto save every five or ten minutes. Sure it's not saved somewhere?

    ReplyDelete